Ballyneety Community Walking Track
The walk has two distinct sections. Starting at the village the track brings you through the neighbourhoods of Bellewood, The Cottages, The Grove, The Glen and along the perimeter of the golf course to the driving range.
From the driving range gate, the track is exclusive to Members and their guests.
The Walking Track through the Golf Course is 3.2kms. Winding its way through the tree lined fairways to the highest point of the course with lovely views all round.
The annual cost of membership is €30 per annum. A fob will be required for access to the section of the track that traverses the golf course and will be received upon payment of the membership fee. If the fob is lost, stolen or damaged and a new one required, a replacement fee of €7 will be charged for a replacement fob. To apply for membership please follow the steps outlined in the “Apply for Membership” menu accept the terms and conditions and submit your application.
- Applications with be reviewed & processed and you will be notified of same;
- Fobs will be allocated to each member;
- Payment must be made by electronic fund transfer before collection of fob;
Account Name : Ballyneety Community Development Association or BCDA Ballyneety
IBAN : IE08AIBK93547616881023
Can a guest/non-member accompany me?
Guests are permitted to accompany members on the walking track. It is the responsibility of all members to ensure their guest(s) safety. Members must make their guest(s) aware of the interfacing points where the walking track and golf course meet. Members must also ensure their guest(s) comply with the etiquette signage throughout the walking track
Opening Times for the Walking Track
The standard opening times are set out below. These are being introduced on a trial basis and may be extended in time. There may also be times, due to certain golfing activities, that the track may be closed or the Golf club may at times restrict access to the walking track.
Winter Opening hours (November – March)
- Morning 7 am – 11.00 am
- Evening 4.00 pm – 9.30 pm
Summer Opening hours (April – October)
- Morning 6.00 am – 9.00 am
- Evening 8.30 pm – 11.00 pm
- Walkers must keep to the marked pathways;
- Children U18 must be accompanied by parents/guardians;
- Dogs must be leashed and soiling collected and disposed of appropriately;
- Footwear should be suitable for country surfaces;
- No amplified music;
- No littering;
- No loitering;
- No cycling;
- No motorised vehicles;
- Golfers have right-of-way;
- Pay heed to signage and safety rules;
- Be alert to the presence of work vehicles and golf carts;