Ballyneety Community Walking Track
The walk has two distinct sections. Starting at the village the track brings you through the neighbourhoods of Bellewood, The Cottages, The Grove, The Glen and along the perimeter of the golf course to the driving range.
From this point, the track is exclusive to Members and their guests.
The Walking Track through the Golf Course is 3.2kms. Winding its way through the tree lined fairways to the highest point of the course with lovely views all round.
The annual cost of membership is €20 per person per annum. A fob will be required for access to the section of the track that traverses the golf course and will be received upon payment of the membership fee. If the fob is lost, stolen or damaged and a new one required, an additional fee of €6 will be incurred for a replacement fob. To apply for membership please follow the steps outlined in the “Apply for Membership” menu accept the terms and conditions and submit your application.
- Applications with be reviewed & processed and you will be notified of same;
- Fobs will be allocated to each member;
- Payment must be made by electronic fund transfer before collection of fob;
Account Name : Ballyneety Community Development Association
IBAN : IE08AIBK93547616881023
Can a guest/non-member accompany me?
Guests are permitted to accompany members on the walking track. It is the responsibility of all members to ensure their guest(s) safety. Members must make their guest(s) aware of the interfacing points where the walking track and golf course meet. Members must also ensure their guest(s) comply with the etiquette signage throughout the walking track
Thanks to the golf club for allowing the walking track to be used TEMPORARILY daily from 7am to 10pm, while closed due to Covid restrictions. October 23rd 2020 until November 19th 2020
The standard opening times are set out below. These are being introduced on a trial basis and may be extended in time. There may also be times that due to certain golfing events the track may be closed, but this is estimated to be once or twice a year at the most.
|April through to Oct||6.00 am – 9 am and 20.30 – 23.00|
|Nov through to Mar||7.00 am – 11.00 am and 16.00 – 21.30|
- Walkers must keep to the marked pathways;
- Children U18 must be accompanied by parents/guardians;
- Dogs must be leashed and soiling collected and disposed of appropriately;
- Footwear should be suitable for country surfaces;
- No amplified music;
- No littering;
- No loitering;
- No cycling;
- No motorised vehicles;
- Golfers have right-of-way;
- Pay heed to signage and safety rules;
- Be alert to the presence of work vehicles and golf carts;